• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Training with girls, breasts in the way.

One day at training in Wing Tsun, I got a girl as training partner for a drill.

The drill was a typical, she punch, I block, I strike to the Solarplexus. The problem was that I couldn't strike her without hitting her breasts. They were big and in the way.

I didn't want her to think I was taking advantage of the situation, and I didn't know how to deal with this "problem" so I decided to stop my punch before my fist would enter that zone.

I wonder what she was thinking when seeing her training partner's fist try to dodge her breasts. Might have been really weird if it was a grappling art instead.

How do you deal with this?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh, I once fought a laday who's upper bod was mostly breasts, and I even had trouble. You've just got to do what you can in those situations. Keep in mind though, that if you do hit here there, she knew that was a risk going into the MA's and a real attacker would anyway.

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

Hit them in the face

As far as altering the technique to make you feel more comfortable, and to train different options, this is a good recommendation. However, also keep in mind that hitting a female in that area is much akin to a male taking a shot to the groin. Something to think about if you ever get attacked by a female.

I'd probably go for a stomach shot. Stopping short is ok, but it's important to sometimes get hit when you're training, even if it's just light. Maybe see next time if you can pair off with another guy than with a woman.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

It's more you feeling awkward hitting her there, than her feeling any pain from being hit there.

It's a contact sport, so don't let it bother you. Just don't punch her super hard, as it is the equivalent of a guy being hit in the balls......

It's more you feeling awkward hitting her there, than her feeling any pain from being hit there.

It's a contact sport, so don't let it bother you. Just don't punch her super hard, as it is the equivalent of a guy being hit in the balls......

It's not so much avoiding to inflict pain on her. It's more the fact that I would be touching her privates.

But it didn't seem to bother her when I did hit her breasts, (I was hoping I would be able to hit her solar without hitting the breasts) so I suppose it isn't as big a deal as I make of it. Anyway. It has only happened once. I doubt I will see that scenario again.

Okay, I think you poor boys need help. As a girl in the MA, I think I speak for the large majority of us when I say that we really don't care. I mean, yeah, it's weird for us, too, when we're asked to aim for your groins, but we do it anyway. Personally, when the boys at my school say they don't want to hit a girl, or they feel awkward hitting a girl in a specific way, I hit harder. Much, much harder. You aren't doing us any favors by coddling us. After all, as someone pointed out earlier, a real attacker won't care. It's possible he might be trying to hit/grab them in the first place, and we have to be ready for anything.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

I dont see how this can apply to the groin on men. I would never expect someone at training to actually hit my balls during a drill. You say it's not a problem to punch you in the solar eventhough I will also touch your breasts that way. But if we were talking about a kick to the groin drill, I would certainly hope that you would only indicate the kick to the groin, stopping it before it actually hits my balls. Just like I did with that girl, pulling the punch before it hit anything.