• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I... have a problem :(

DisgruntledGirl

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yeah, hopefully things will improve for you soon. I think it is good that he added a month to your contract, and it is not something you should feel bad about. I can understand how busy having a baby can make someone. However, it it means that he has to re-prioritize, then that is what he should do, and make it known to everyone that he is doing it. It is only fair to the students.

Yeah, hopefully things will improve for you soon.

I think it should... or at least hope... and even if it doesnt "immediately", at least now I feel somewhat compensated if it takes him a couple more weeks to get his life in order.

I think it is good that he added a month to your contract, and it is not something you should feel bad about.

I was actually surprised/impressed with that. Think he's a great guy and all... but he's still a businessman and this is how he makes his living and I didnt see him being the one to actually suggest it without being somewhat "pressured" by me... but maybe thats why he did it, because I wasnt really pressuring him about anything, just mainly making him aware of my concerns and wanting to avoid my own disillusionment in the "sport" for reasons that had nothing to do with my own interest or lack thereof or or other obligations in my life.

Still feel a tiny bit awkward (he didnt make me feel that way, I myself do)... is it weird that when he said that that I almost wanted to "barter" with him and tell him "noooo, dont do that! Just take off a half a month or something instead, a whole month is way too much!" :roll: Half a month would have acheived the same effect for me... that at least he's trying to make it up... but then... I'm cheap, so I of course didnt do that :P .

Class on Wednesday (a couple days after the whole incident) was as if it never happened though, so that was good that it hasnt changed anything for either of us.

I am glad that you were able to talk to your instructor. I have a few points to add:

1. how many other adult students are there?

2. how long has he had his school open?

3. what rank is the highest ranking "karate" student he has (that is

active)?

I ask these questions to help you look at his normal pattern. I agree with someone else who posted earlier, that "life happens", but this is a business which you have mentioned you pay a great deal of money for and you are a customer.

When my instructor has to miss - which he almost never does, he leaves his highest ranking black belt in charge with specifics on what he wants taught for that evening class. I have a feeling that if there are not many high ranking Karate black belts in his classes, it means that this has been an ongoing situation for him. Other students have felt the same as you and have probably taken their money and support elsewhere. Give him the rest of your contract, and if things don't improve, go sit in on another class and watch. He isn't the only great instructor there, in fact from what what I have read, he isn't a great instructor at all. He has very little concern for his students. He is making money off of you and others without him having to put much effort into the program. I wish you great luck and success in your training. You deserve better than what you are getting.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.