• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the 5th of July, my family and I will be leaving for Denver, to meet my parents. On the 6th, my mom is going to have surgery to remove the tumor. The docs said it can take up to 5 hours, and they are going to start at around 7 or 8 in the morning. After the surgery, she will be kept in ICU for a few days.

I will let everyone know how it goes. Thanks for all the support.

We'll keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers.

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

My mom had her surgey on the 6th, and it went well. She spent two days in ICU to recover, and then moved up onto the surgical recovery floor. She felt good, talked good, and got to walk around some today, and didn't have any problems.

The biggest worry the doc had was that the tumor was setting right on top of the part of the brain that controls the right leg function. However, that has all turned out ok, and they think she should be able to go home this Wednesday.

All in all, things have gone very well.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers, everyone. I really appreciate it, and it means a great deal to me.

Wow, Great news! I hope everything continues to go well. Home by Wednesday after something like that is amazing.

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

Yeah, I thought so, too. But every doctor that has come in to check her has said that they are impressed with how well she is recovering, and are very pleases with her progress. We are, too.