• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Crazy, scary week.

bushido_man96

I talked with my mother tonight, and she was feeling pretty good. She is still pretty sore, though. The nurses at the ER told us that she was very combative. They said she was strong as a horse at the time, and they couldn't get her to comply for nothing. She only weighs around 130, so she must have been really fighting.

She calls next week to get the next appointment set up. They will take more CT scans, and see what they can learn. They can't do the MRI, because she has a Pacemaker, so the Docs are a little tied by that.

We will see, I guess.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bushido Man, holy jeez! Sounds like you guys handled it well. Kudos to your mom hanging tough, and to you and your family for taking such good care of her. Keep us posted.

I agree with The BB of C: guess having to fix my clutch wasn't such a bummer after all.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

Thanks Baron. As far as whining about the little things, like clutches and homework, goes, I can't fault anyone for that. I have gotten back to whining about the little things again myself. I guess it is a good sign, that I don't have too much to worry about for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I have an update, and it isn't particularly good.

My mom went back to the nuerologist a week after her initial attack. They had a different doctor this time, and they took an enhanced CAT scan of her head. They found out that the tumor is actually the size of a golf ball :o , and they are going to have to operate and remove it.

The operation is going to happen on July 6th. My family and I will be going to meet my dad and mom in Denver on the 5th, and most likely stay through the 8th. She will be kept in ICU for a few days after the surgery, and then kept a while longer after that.

I just hope everything goes ok.

I am glad that your mom is ok. I hope she makes a full and speedy recovery.

"Not every tiger will pounce, but every tiger may!"

K.Mabon

United States Combat Martial Arts Association International

Sorry to hear about that. I'll keep you guys in my prayers. Keep us updated on your Moms condition.

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi