• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Okay in my next upcomin tourny i hav to for the very first time fight in the black belt division.

my history is this- my first tournament i was blue sash with crane patch

5th level out of 15 total levels before black sash so i was at the intermidiate level.) and got gold in sparring for beeting to people. and silver in self-defence, second time going i got silver in form, and silver in sparring i again fought to people in the intermidiate level( same people actualy) and lost to one this time.

this is my 3rd tournament and because of my most recent test i am now in advanced level witch meens i am goin to be in the black belt divison of the tournament. this will be my first time sparring with anyone other then my sifu and assitant instructor, and i have seen some black belts fight and i think some of the people in my age i can beet, but as for the adults who i might fight incase there are not enough people in my weight class since they dont go by age. and the adults are REALLY GOOD i have seen some people i think could be in the UFC if they felt like it. so though im excited that if i when this i will be very very proud of myself, i am still a little nervouse about fighting black belts for the first time. does anyone have any advice for black sash point fighting ?

you must learn different combinations of techniques down to your very soul and they must come without thinking when you finish with one technique, you must immediately go into another until you have attained your goal which is to destroy the enemy.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Keep working with your instructor, and ask him for advice. He may know some of your opponents, and may be able to give you some pointers. Keep things simple, and don't try to change too much. If it has worked so far, keep trying it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Now, that is not to say that everything that you do will work. Some won't, and you may have to change things up. Overall, this will be a new learning experience for you, so go into it with that in mind. Good luck! :karate:

i assume your talking about point sparring

rather than worring about how good your opposition is. Focus on what you

do well find a couple combos that work for you. like maybe backfist, rev

punch.... or what ever then practice alot work on speed.

Phil

Ryu Kyu Christian Karate Federation

"Do not be dependent on others for your improvement. Pay respect to God and Buddha

but do not reley on them." Musashi

• 1 month later...