• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Need Ideas for Kids Summer Camp

This year is our 25th Annual Summer Camp, it is one day of fun and instruction for both kids and Adults. I am instructing the kids part of the camp and am looking for ideas to keep them entertained, so far I have

An Obstacle Course

Games-Sensai Says, Red Ninja,and focus mitts using math

Art project-make your own karate notebook for notes at class

Something with water balloons, having figured out yet

the camp is outside at the lake 8)so I need some ideas that we can use to make the day fun, one they won't forget for a long time. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. I've gotten most of mine from this forum :idea: , so a huge thanks to the MA family at KarateForums :karate:

"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. They will say you're not good enough, strong enough or talented enough; you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. ………..….

“AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES."

Nike Ad.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How about a nature walk? Identify some of the trees, animals, and plants around the lake. Not exactly Karate related but whatever works. Relay races and such work well.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

thanks for the ideas, I never thought about a nature walk, or relay race but I will add that to my list for options. thanks again :karate:

"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. They will say you're not good enough, strong enough or talented enough; you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. ………..….

“AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES."

Nike Ad.

We used to play "hide and seek". Maybe an excuse for stealth training? You gotta watch though to see if they're hiding in safe places.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

• 3 weeks later...

iam an instructor as well and i was just curious as to what 'red ninja' is if you dont mind elaborating alittle bit. and also as far as the water balloons go, i do this drill with various items but i throw them at the kids as a yell a specific technique and they acquire points more for the harder techniques and less for the easier ones, half points if they hit, and no points if they miss, full points if it breaks. also i bought rubber throwing stars, put all the kids up against a wall, gave them boundaries and if they got hit theyre out, last one out wins. good luck.

Little King of the Hill (Judo) style would be fun. Not striking just thorws and takedowns.

Tug of War is always one of my favs.

Dodge Ball. Kids must play dodge ball its great and fun and teaches MA. You may put a spin on it and say if you prefomr a good block your not out.

Im all about games and I don't think you can go wrong with races or comps either one one one or let them pick teams. You can have relays and have them run, or walk in a certin stance or piggy back,etc.

Get a Really big Gi. (well 2) have each team line up. Have them run down say 25 yards put the gi on over their clothers tie the belt run back take it off. The next kid puts the gi on and so on until all have went the team that wins don't have to do pushups.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."