• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Chuck Liddell's Right Hand

I love Chuck Liddell. He's a beast, but his form is a little sloppy.

A little is an understatement, I'm amazed he made it as far as he did. Thank god the UFC is starting to get some good fighters, and not just poster boys like Lidell and Franklin.

his form is very intentional. He teaches seminars on how to throw those same punches. he uses an unorthodox overhand. Not a big deal. When it comes to fighting, results are far more important than form.

When you get into the mix, technique is likely to slip some. When two people are moving around, the other trying to avoid getting hit by you, then you have to make adjustments, whether it be in technique, strategy, or whatever. Bad technique or not, his success speaks for itself.

• 4 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

it is basically a vertically fisted hook - which is actually much safer than the horizontal variety - why do you think it wouldn't work without gloves?

I agree. As long as you are confident in your striking ability, and your aim, you should be able to pull it off. If you strike as much as Liddell does, I don't think it would hurt his fists too much.