• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well it was time for gup and dan promotions at my school so i took my kids class into the adults class and we had a joint ceremony together, so i was very pleased with my students and their new ranks but also two of the red belts who would be recieving their black belts that night. they are sisters each one year apart and the older one has a mental disability, its not obvious but shes just slow and the learning process is difficult for her and it becomes kind of apparent when she speaks and tries to carry full conversations. so they come from one of our branch studios that i dont teach at and comes over to my studio to train for two months before their scheduled test and i start training with them and they become better and better each day and i could see it. so a week before the test their father comes up to me and goes, "excuse me miss chuilli" i said "what can i help you with sir" he said, "i just want you to know that my daughter has been in special ed classes all her life, and she loves karate but she struggles, her old instructor was with her for four years, and she still didnt get it, and it took you two months, now she gets it, theres something special about you, i know it." and first of all i was floored but then later thanked him but was more stunned by what his daughters asked me to do. and once they had the test, and passed we had the ceremony two weeks later and our master said "i left the instructor signature line open so if you want one of the masters to sign it, or your instructor." so i had figured they would have their instructor sign it, but then they come up and tap on my shoulder and hold their huge dan certificates up to me and go "will you sign them please?" and again i was floored because this is quite and honor to sign these girls' certificates that they will keep for the rest of their lives so of course i said yes. and now they are my most prized students they come and help me teach my class everyday. and im just so proud of them and the black belts they have become :D . im done rambling now, its an instructor thing i guess haha.

K.Chuilli

2nd Dan, Instructor

Kyo Sah Nim

Moo Duk Kwan Tang Soo Do

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

To laugh often and much;

To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;

To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;

To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;

To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;

To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.

This is to have succeeded.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Congratulations on your success. May it continue for a long time to come!

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

To laugh often and much;

To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;

To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;

To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;

To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;

To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.

This is to have succeeded.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Congratulations on your success. May it continue for a long time to come!

Beautiful. On the money.