• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Who does Kendo?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I've trained with the sword for a while. I've never actually trained in Kendo with the armor but I plan on training in that system within the next year.

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!

No such luck here.....we have fencing @ the local college but no Kendo. It wouldn't help with any real world self defense of course; (maybe the added discipline would help..?) but I think it would be fun.

*1st Dan Oct 2004*

"Progress lies not enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be."

"It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them."

• 3 weeks later...
My wife and I both practise kendo. We use it to help my wife's bunkai with her sword training. She is a master swordswoman and she uses it to also beat me half to death. I teach a little different version of kendo to my students. We use punches, kicks, joint locks, takedowns and the shinai in my version of it. My wife practises kenjutsu, but the kendo armour is a nice way to test skills. :cool:

"let those who shed blood with me be forever known as my brother."

My organisation inclueds Kobodo as part of its sylabus and we use the following weopens, and XpOiSoN FrEeX just do Sama karate then you can play with the following goodies.

KOBUDO (WEAPONS TRAINING)

KATANA =LONG SWORD

TANTO =DAGGER

SHURIKEN =THROWING STARS OR SPIKES

SANSHAKU JO =3ft WOODEN STAFF

YONSHAKU JO =4ft WOODEN STAFF

BO =LONG 6ft WOODEN STAFF

TANJO =SHORT STICK

TONFUA (TONFA) =WOODEN HANDLED BATON

SAI =THREE PRONG METAL TRIDENT

KAMA =SICKLE

NUNCHAKU =FLAIL (HELD BY HORSEHAIR, CORD OR CHAIN)

ESCRIMA =SHORT STICKS

• 4 weeks later...

I will do Kenjutsu, as part of my Aikido training. However we use bokkens and no shinai's.

Eye of the Tiger, I thought the Kobudo ment the budo arts from Okinawa. And the Okinawans by tradition dont use Shuriken.