• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Who Feels Could Defend Against a Knife Attack?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we are talking about our avg. street thug who slashes yeah I think I could do ok. I would get cut Im sure but I don't think he would kill me.

If were talking about a trained figher be in Martial Arts or Military that is a bit differant. Because they don't just swing wildly.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

I'd be dead meat. I just started to learn it in TSD when I moved, so I didn't learn much. In TKD, we won't learn any knife defenses till red belt (right before black), and black belt.

Laurie S.

Yellow belt/green stripe TKD

(formally 5th gup blue belt TSD)

[ This Message was edited by: karatekid1975 on 2002-05-26 22:39 ]

Laurie F

Er, only if I was wearing my helmet, stab-vest, riot-protective padding and had my shield and ASP by my side! :lol:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My karma will run over your dogma

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It would depend on the person holding the knife. If he was trained or not would prob. determine the outcome of the fight. However, if I was carrying my handgun I would def. say he'd be dead meat...

Pete

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!

Actually it would probably depend how close he was Withers, you've still got to draw your gun and switch off the safety, all he has to do is stick his hand out as he walks past.

---------

Pil Sung

Jimmy B

I think I'd survive from a nontrained person, but not without getting cut up. Unless we were grappling and they pulled it out w/out me looking, then I'd be screwed

cho dan TSD

"Every second that you are not training, someone somewhere is training to kick your butt"- Kyo Sa Lyle (my instructor)

"Where we going in 5 months?!?!?!" "Cali!!"

-Spring Break '04

"Life begins at 130 mph".