• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ever got hit to the face bare-fisted?

have you?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. have you?

• yes
    • no

Have you ever got hitt bare-fisted to the face? I have (me and my friend were filming a movie and he was supposed to hit me that way i would be looking real and accidentally he hit me really) and it really hurts!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gotten hit barefisted my fair share of times. My first dojo did not wear gloves while practicing kumite. Control was emphasized, but hey, accidents happen. Or should I say that I managed to step into someone's bare fist. :)

My current instructor laments the use of gloves, citing that it has had a detrimental effect on control and technique. We wear them because the liability carrier expects them and because they are the norm in the competitions we take part in. I've been hit harder and hurt worse with the gloves than without

"Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world"

-Dave Barry

Have you ever got hitt bare-fisted to the face? I have (me and my friend were filming a movie and he was supposed to hit me that way i would be looking real and accidentally he hit me really) and it really hurts!

I know what that's like. Look on the bright side. At least you never got stabbed in the hand with a sai while filming something like some people I know *coughthebbofccough* :lol:

I've been hit in the face quite a few times. When my friends and I practice, we bare-knuckle everything.

I'm embarassed to say I actually told the person to punch me in the face. :-?

He didn't think that the BJJ escapes from the mounted position work. To prove their effectivness, I had him mount me and told him to punch me in the face as many times as he could. He got me once and I escaped, took his back and locked on the RNC. I will say it opend up a nice cut under my eye and I looked bad for a while. :(

I now just have the guys wear a boxing glove to do this. It doesn't hurt as much, doesn't leave marks, and still gets the point across. :idea:

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

I took a few face punches when the adrenaline was dumped. I didn't feel them at the time, nor do I remember feeling them afterwards. They weren't the hardest punches, though.

Yes, been hit bare-knuckled in the face in actual fights. not too many times in training although I have eaten more elbows in training than fists so go figure.

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

I have- but that was when I lived in the back woods of WV and back yard fighting. Since I moved into the city, no such fun.

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

Yup, many times.

The 3 most memorable :

1) a long time ago, in kumite with no gloves , I decided to move forward while my opponent moved forward with a tsuki. He crushed my nose and I left a little bit of me everywhere in the building while trying to find something to stop the bleeding...

2) A twit twice my size punched me squarely in the face (no gloves) mostly because I was dancing around him in kumite and he wanted to prove himself that he was better than me.

3) My sensei punched me squarely on the tip of my chin. I keenly felt my head slide back on my spine.

EclecticFighter.com, for all your makiwara & Muk Jong needs!

Having played ice hockey for 25 years, I had a few scruffs where the gloves were dropped and my face took a couple punches instead of the side of my helmut. Sometimes it does hurt, other times your face just swells up and your eyes blacken. :)

I will add in a recent karate tournament, I took a shot to the nose in continous sparring that didn't feel too great, even with the gloves on.