• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My black belt

BBspark

Hey guys

Well this is my first post and i need some advice 8)

I recently bought a black belt of black eagle with embroidery at each end of the belt. The belt itself is 100% cotton but when i received it today Ive noticed that the stitching is showing through on the other side of the belt :bawling: . Ive heard talk about stitching showing up on the other side makes your belt look cheap, but at £48 their is nothing cheap about it :o . So what do you guys think? Does stitching showing up on the other side of the belt make it look cheap? And also what are your thoughts on black eagle then?

thanks for any replies :P

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm sorry to say, but this seems like bad wokmanship to me. I've had several black belts (of various prices) & none have had that issue. I don't know about Black Eagle at all, sorry.

I'd recommend eosinpanther.com. They are a bit pricey, but they are great belts & stand behind their products.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

thanks for the reply

Ye i thought it was quite a bad job imo so i sent an email asking why and i got a reply saying

"The thread has to pass through the belt otherwise it would unravel! It is completely normal to have thread showing on the reverse side."

But as its been done i suppose theirs nothing that can be done

I'm sorry that they didn't acknowledge the problem. Hopefully, you can find a better substitute. You have my recommendation already.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

Unfortunately, although £48 seems like a lot of money for a belt, it is not a lot compared to the real quality black belts. If you want to get a really nice quality, embroidered black belt then you should look at something like Shureido or Tokaido. They embroider the belt before they fold and stitch it, for a much more professional finish. Basically if you wanted it means you could have 4 lots of different embroidery on your belt. (i.e. End 1, side A and B and End 2 side A and B)

If I am spending a bit out on a belt I prefer to spend that bit more and get really good quality. With something like Tokaido (which is what I have), it is more likely that the translation will be correct too.

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

hmm maybe i shouldn't worry about it so much then. Just a bit annoyed i never looked into it before buying it really :( at least when i bought it said it was a very high quality of cotton :P

Edited by BBspark