• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

National Geographic Fight Science

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9EjF9Zlubg

(Watch all 10 parts if you haven't already)

I would rather have had the Wushu guy do a none-flying, single hit kick like the other contestants. I doubt that was his most damaging kick he knew.

The most interesting part, to me, was with the power of the One-Inc-Punch, the speed of the Kung Fu punch over a snakes attack, and that deathblow the Ninja contestant did.

I guess the Kung Fu/One-Inc punch technique is more to enable "ordinary" people to hit hard, since apparently there are ways to hit harder if you are stronger than your average ordinary Joe.

What are your thoughts on these tests and the whole episode?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I don't think that they really put this show together as well as they could have. They needed to use a control group to compare the different techniques, and they did not do that. They also failed to take a lot of practicality into the show as well.

All in all, I was disappointed with the show.

Horrible.

I gagged when I watched the "karate" practitioner punch. I did some background research on him and apparently hes a big movie guy, and seems to have been in the fancy and glorified karate competitions, if thats all they have to choose, its not to impressive.

At one point I think the producers even admitted in the show to chosing people who were well spoken or had more charm than to those who might have more skill but couldnt translate thier methods verbally.

Besides the people chosen themselves, its easy to poke holes in the whole thing. Simply put, not enough factors to get a reasonable data collection.

It looked cool, thats about it.

...3 out of 10.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

I agree with everyone else, the kung fu guy may be good but he wasn't like a shaolin monk, that's for sure, that practices 24/7 or the taekwondo guy wasn't one of those 50 something korean guys that were masters when they were like 20 and live for that too.

"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting, but if I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."

- Bruce Lee

I thought it was abysmal, for many of the reasons already stated.

While the program was bad in general, the weapons section was especially poor. Its culmination a la the Taekwondo guy crudely hacking at the dummy with a katana pretty much summed up the lack of understanding of weapons fundamentals the entire section had.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

I saw that on tv- ok, but could have been done in 1/3 of the time.

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

well...it LOOKED cool, i have no audio XD

Strike first. 'Til then i will not fight you.

Everytime someone calls JKD a style, Bruce turns over.

Why do I love Bruce Lee? Not because he was an awesome martial artist- but because his train of thought overlapped with mine even before I knew about him.

Thank you karate forums, for introducing me to Bruce Lee