• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Student "busted" back to white belt

if you know your material, worst case scenario, you get bored, it is not punishment enough for someone to repeat what they already know- specially since you should always practice basics anyway.

Keyword SHOULD i know tons of students who have made it without practising a day in their lives... i don't know how they do it (they obviously dont get their blacks but they get high up) but if you really wanted to get down to it you could find a bazillion flaws in their technique..

teacher's fault- u cant let them slack off or you get high ranking people who dont have what it takes...

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't ever recall any one situation where a student needed to be demoted. Prevented from further testing until said behavior has been corrected - yes. I think with children, bad behavior can be corrected without permanently stripping rank. In our school, as I assume in every other Martial Arts training facility, students line up by rank. Taking the belt away from the child for a temporary time and having them line up with beginners has been affective for us. Once they prove they can behave, they can again wear their belt and line up appropriately. With adults, disruptive behavior calls for expulsion at our dojo.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.