• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Anyone Leave a Wavemaster Type Bag Outdoors?

I'm thinking about getting a Wavemaster bag but I've got no place to put it in my home. I was wondering if anyone kept there's outside and how it held up if they did. Summer temps around here seldom get above 90 deg. F and winter temps rarely go below 40 (although this year was an exception).

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If you choose to do this, then I would get a tarp or something to cover it with when you are not using it. I don't imagine it would be a problem, so you might give it a try (as long as you don't think anyone will bring in a dolly and walk off with it!).

In the winter time, I think I would drain it, though.

I have my XXL bag outside. It's under an awning all the time. I live in Los Angeles, so freezing isn't an issue.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Someone told me that if you use water inside the wavemaster instead of sand, that you should add some bleach also so it won't get moldy.

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

I have mine outside, but it's under an awning. It never is exposed to the sun for very long.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

It should be covered, as the WaveMaster is really a foam-filled target, and you would want to protect it from the elements.

I can see putting something like antifreeze in it if water is placed inside; if it's just water, it'll freeze, expand, and then it's goodbye to the base. Sand sounds very good if you intend to keep it outside and not worried about draining it to move it.

So, Jack, come winter, spring, summer, or fall, you've got the dedication to be out there hammering away. A karateka for all seasons. :)

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu