• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Who subscribes to Blackbelt Magazine?

I'm just curious who here subscribes to Blackbelt Magazine. What do you think of this mag? What other magazines do you read?

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I have for the past few years. I stopped back arround christmas. No real reason just have not gotten back arround to renewing. LOL. I really enjoy it.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

I suscribe to the 3 basics. Black Belt, Inside Kung-Fu, and Martial Arts Combat and Sports. BB is okay, as are the others. Some months are better than others. I had a few of Terry O'neill's Fighting Arts International. That was a great magazine. It is now out of print. Focused mainly on traditional arts of Okinawa and Japan. Every now and then there was the occasional modern martial art.

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

I have it and like it. But it does talk a little too much about NHB and kickboxing

cho dan TSD

"Every second that you are not training, someone somewhere is training to kick your butt"- Kyo Sa Lyle (my instructor)

"Where we going in 5 months?!?!?!" "Cali!!"

-Spring Break '04

"Life begins at 130 mph".

Its funny cause I hadn't bought the magazine in about 4 years and just started subscribing to it again a few months ago. The magazine doesn't seem as good as it was years ago. It is a lot smaller and does have a lot of no holds barred stuff in it. I wish they would focus a little more on the open torn. scene because that is where a lot of the new talent is.

Pete

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!

• 1 month later...

I like blackbelt magazine, I spent all my allowence on my first issue today, it's hard to find and kind of expensive if you don't subscribe. I'll ask for a subscription for x-mas. I have been reading it, it's really good. it's got Larry Lam in it. It's the only magazine that I haven't skipped any articles or ads that weren't diet pill ads ( I'm a skeptic about those. I read somewhere that they basically equal to a multivitamin with 3X the cost.). It impressed me.

Peace,

Dee :karate:

Dee C.

Normal ( 'nor-m&l)-

an adj. used by humans to stereotype