• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love that gi! It's kinda like a Pedro Sauer/Gracie Jiujitsu billboard. :)

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

What would he do if the opponent "pulled a Rick Flair" and poked him in the eye there?

First, who is Rick Flair?

Second, I would probably think, "Wow! That really stinking hurts."

Last, I would take him down and make him wish he didn't just poke me in the eye.

Seriously though, because of the placement of the head, it's tough to poke someone in the eye there. You're controlling the attacking arm and the other arm can really just hold or push away. It's additionally difficult because there's no pause between attaining the position and the takedown. The reactions happen very fast. The way I perform it on the video is step-by-step, like one step sparring. In actual practice, it's very fast.

But hey...nothing's fullproof. If they guy gets an eye gouge in then it could change everything! Just depends on how much damage he's able to cause!

Oh...that Rick Flair! I thought it was reference to something that actually happened:) My mistake!

"pulled a Rick Flair ´´ , are you talkint about some signatures moves of that guy ?

And..About dirty moves....a mma mate who is new....grabed one finger of my hand and twisted it...he didnt knew the rule of NO SMALL JOINT MANIPULATION :P I really wanted to crack his head in that moment

´´ The evil may win a round , but not the fight ´´

What would he do if the opponent "pulled a Rick Flair" and poked him in the eye there?

We could play the "what if" game all day. But this was clearly a video, has ps1 states, to demonstrate the technique step by step.

Favourited :) A lot of that is similar to the bearhug takedown which we were taught in beginner class.

Battling biomechanical dyslexia since 2007

He'd probably be well covered up, as you should when shooting in, which would make an eye poke difficult. In any case, extending an arm toward a grappler who is within range is often not a good option.

Battling biomechanical dyslexia since 2007