• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I saw a spot on SportsCenter on this new thing in the UK. Apparently, you play 2 minutes of chess, and then box for 2 minutes, and then back to the chess board. A winner is declared by checkmate or knockout, whichever comes first.

What do you guys think of this?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thats.. erm ... different. I dont think getting hit in the head for 2 mins would do anything good for my already poor chess skills.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Kinetic chess, baby. You heard it here first.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

It sounds very interesting, it keeps you under pressure, works your mind and physical ability.

the best fight is one that doesnt happen

It sounds very interesting, it keeps you under pressure, works your mind and physical ability.

That is true. Just think, you box for 2 minutes, then you have to sit down, calm yourself, and try to beat the guy at chess in the next few minutes. All the while you try to move the pieces, your hands are shaking away.

Lennox Lewis expressed interest in the sport, and he is an avid chess player as well.

That's the ultimate game of strategy! I love it!!! I hope they put it on late night espn 2 or something. Right after the full contact karate or kickboxing:)

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

That's the ultimate game of strategy! I love it!!! I hope they put it on late night espn 2 or something. Right after the full contact karate or kickboxing:)

It would be interesting to see. I suck at chess, though. Maybe I could pick up a few pointers by watching! :D

So then it's not bad sportsmanship if you beat the tar out of your opponent for taking your queen on the last move? :D

There's no place like 127.0.0.1