• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Try to do that against cro cop----.

And BTW....its seems very overacted....those guys are jumping to the floor like steven seagal´s movies..

Oh..and the second video is even worst !!!!!!!!!!! Looks like power rangers stuff

´´ The evil may win a round , but not the fight ´´

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
By the same guy- Aikido VS MMA...and this time it's personal!

I wouldn't worry too much about it NightOwl as that was obviously not mma (much to the same way the last video, but at least karate was closer to kickboxing than this mislabeled video).

I have never seen a mma fight where one person always & non-chalantly sticks out an a wrist on a charging opponent and the opponent always grabs it. That was simply aikido done from a kneeling position.

I'm curious as to whether the person posting the videos are trying to mislead us or simply confused.

The problem with the Aikido techniques they demonstrate against defenses is that they are only against one attack. Drives me crazy! :x That just isn't how it is going to happen on the street. Especially the 'spinning kick.' I don't many who just walk up to a fight and throw a spinning heel kick.

I didn't notice any MMA in those vids, either.

• 1 month later...

I am involved in Aikido, Tae Kwon Do and Kickboxing. I think all three of them are very effective but I do see a lot of differences.

In some ways, I find that Tae Kwon Do and Kickboxing are similar - with the kicking and punching, but on the other hand, one uses Korean words, has forms and the other is American and has no forms, so in those respects they are different.

However, for Aikido, I find that it is the Ying to the Yang of Tae Kwon Do and Kickboxing for me. (I will not state that this would be the same for everyone of course.)

To learn the flow of energy so that you can use your opponents strength against them is very inspiring. I find it fascinating how it is possible to tilt a person and they will be off balance, by moving a hand or a forearm, or by moving out of the way and it definitely is something that I plan to study for a long time.

I think for each person they will find their way in the martial arts, with their own unique abilities. However, I do think that in some instances Aikido can be beneficial and certainly, the higher in the rank the person is (I am only an orange belt) then the more effective they will be.

I find that when I am doing self defence techniques in Tae Kwon Do, my experience in Aikido is very helpful.