• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn59zha-uAQ&mode=related&search=

Check out this video. It's called Aikido vs. Kickboxing. It's clearly not. It's more Aikido vs. Karate. I'm not saying this guy isn't good. But I have trouble digesting some of these techniques. What do you think?

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

That's my general opinion also. Fun to watch, but for a "this style vs. that style" type of thing, it's just too scripted.

That's my general opinion also. Fun to watch, but for a "this style vs. that style" type of thing, it's just too scripted.

Definetly, I dont think the title of "aikido vs. kickboxing" is really appropriate for that clip considering it didnt really look like a competition, more a demostration of aikido techniques and how they might be applied against various non-aikido attacks.

Yeah, they just label it that way so that people will start threads on internet communities and kill each other over it. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYvDZOYZpUQ&mode=related&search=

How bout this one. I say I don't care who you are or what style you study. When this many guys come after you, fighting is not the best option! Run, pray, and maybe you come out alive.

a lot of people are claiming that the video actually shows systema...which is kind of like crossing dim-mak with aikido and taking it out to its extreame

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

It seems very choreographed to me.

Some of the moves do look very elaborate. They look nice, and would be fun to learn. What bothers me, though, is that the defensive movements are done only against one technique; there are no combination movements by the attacker.

I don't know how well that low kick defense would work against a more committed kick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYvDZOYZpUQ&mode=related&search=

How bout this one. I say I don't care who you are or what style you study. When this many guys come after you, fighting is not the best option! Run, pray, and maybe you come out alive.

I don't buy into that one at all. The pace would be a LOT faster, and a lot less scripted, probably with a lot more weapons.