• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Training in "Street Clothes"

What "Street Clothes" do you wear for "reality" training?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What "Street Clothes" do you wear for "reality" training?

• Workout clothes (Sweats and sneakers)
    • Everyday work clothes (Business casual)
    • Everyday work clothes (Shirt and tie)
    • Everyday work clothes (Jeans and T-shirt)
    • Other (please explain)

Business casual for me since I seem to wear that the most. Even when I'm not, a pair of cargos and a tshirt is pretty close to the same thing. I can't stand tight clothing.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as avoiding certain dress options go, I am kind of with you on the flip-flops. I do have a pair, but I only wear them if I know I am only going to have them on for a short period of time. A quick trip to the store, or too and from TKD class, etc. If I am going to be out and about for any length of time, I wear shoes. I also avoid tight clothing. It restricts my movement, and I just can't stand it.
I agree about the tight clothing. I try to buy guys pants or shorts for extra movement. Though I do own "girl" jeans for work. I actually like flip flops though I know they don't protect my feet. I dislike shoes and flip flops are as close to walking around in bare feet as I get. If I had to fight in them I could quickly thrown them off (I've tried it). Perhaps I can aim when I kick them off and hit my attacker :lol:

External training without the training of the mind is nothing

I also look at the flip flop issue when driving or on a plane.

I wouldn't want to end up in an accident and have to walk around

torn metal and broken glass bare foot.

Bushido_Man when you carry off duty how do you coneal your weapon.

I got tired of wearing the "not a cop" vest and had to be concerend about

beeing able to draw unimpaired.

Too early in the morning? Get up and train.

Cold and wet outside? Go train.

Tired? Weary of the whole journey and longing just for a moment to stop and rest? Train. ~ Dave Lowry

Why do we fall, sir? So that we may learn how to pick ourselves back up. ~ Alfred Pennyworth

Well, at this point I don't carry anything of mine off-duty. I don't carry a gun as of yet, because I don't own one, and have not qualified yet. The department won't supply one right now, because I work in the jail at this time.

For street clothes, I would usually be wearing shoes, shorts, and a T-shirt.

However, I responded as for my work, which is basically the typical LEO uniform, with those polyester type pants, a ballistics vest over a T-shirt which is under a button-up collar shirt. Also black work boots (not steel-toed) and a duty belt with the gear on it (radio, cuffs, pepper spray, taser, keys).

I would feel it a necessity to do the training in this gear, because things feel and move a lot differently when wearing this stuff. This is the outfit I would most likely be wearing when the crap hits the fan.

I wear the same, I was shocked at the pain I got in my hip from kicking with my duty belt on after about 25 min. of training. Also the rash from those crappy polyester uniform pants.

I have a question for you, did you have any leg hair ripped out from the stripe on the pants (if you have stripped pants)? That was a new experience for me :karate:

A punch should stay like a treasure in the sleeve. It should not be used indiscrimately.

Kyan Chotoku Sensei

Hehe, no, I don't have stripes on the pants. Good thing, too.

About the only kicking I can do in these things with the duty belt on is front snap kick or a push kick. Maybe a low round kick, but that is it.

When you kick, after some time you don't get a pain in your hip area....not pain from the belt or anything, more of a muscle kind of pain???

I get it everytime I train wearing the zoot suit.

A punch should stay like a treasure in the sleeve. It should not be used indiscrimately.

Kyan Chotoku Sensei

When you kick, after some time you don't get a pain in your hip area....not pain from the belt or anything, more of a muscle kind of pain???

Is that pain on your gun side or both?

It could just be your myscles compensating for the extra weight.

I know my belt weighed in at around 20 lbs.

Also do you wear your belt low around the hips or up around the waist?

Too early in the morning? Get up and train.

Cold and wet outside? Go train.

Tired? Weary of the whole journey and longing just for a moment to stop and rest? Train. ~ Dave Lowry

Why do we fall, sir? So that we may learn how to pick ourselves back up. ~ Alfred Pennyworth

Is that pain on your gun side or both?

It could just be your myscles compensating for the extra weight.

I know my belt weighed in at around 20 lbs.

Also do you wear your belt low around the hips or up around the waist?

The pain is on both sides.....the belt has a lot of junk on it, but i don't think it is the weight.

I wear it up on my waist.....makes it easier for me to move around during a shift.

Kyan Chotoku Sensei