• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

mileage on a car

Chris05

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

my 2 cents;

after these you can expect a failure or may need some adjustments.

40K Porsche

60K Ford

70K Hyundai

90K Mercedes

175K Toyota

250K Lexus

I use a Toyota Tacoma at work,to home and to practice, got 270K , I did a major maintence work after 250K which cost around $1200, I am planing to keep it for another 40K before i buy another Tacoma. great pickups.

I had a Celica for weekends, in 2 years i only drove it 10K then i sold it and got a Scion TC, last week i got a recall notice about a faulty sensor from Toyota corp.

It depends on the year and model of car. Generally the average is about 15K-25K miles a year on a vehicle. Some vehicles run great at high mileage and others fall apart. How it was driven also is important. I would rather have a car that was only driven on the freeway with 150K than a car that was driven in town for 100K miles

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

I agree with lordtariel in that how a car was treated and in what conditions it was driven plays a large part in the condition in which you will find it after 100K miles. When looking at a high mileage car I want to know if they were highway miles, for the most part, or around town miles. After that I want to see maintenance records. A proper oil changing regimen can do wonders for a car's longevity. As a general rule, though, Hondas, Toyotas, and 240 series Volvos have a reputation for lasting a long time and being relatively inexpensive to fix.

Ed

Ed