• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Heres a vid on youtube of me

DancingSteve

I've been a kata judge/kumite referree for 25+ years now in open, all style tournaments and not knowing the kata you performed, I would have scored you high because of strong technique, good balance/timing, etc. it was a good kata.

On the kumite, I'm normally the center ref and I will NOT let my corner judges sit on their fat keesters or stand in one place. When the judges first are assigned to a ring, I have a quick 60 second meeting with them before we start and tell them what I expect them to do. They move with the action, get involved, or I get another judge and replace them.

There are a lot of bad judges out there and because I'm pretty "senior" at these tournaments, I normally get to choose who I want to be in my ring as a judge. I pick some good people that I know will call legitimate points and know what they are doing. Sure, we're not perfect, but we do the best we can and I'd say that we're pretty accurate most of the time.

You're a brave man for posting yourself on the net and opening yourself up to critisism. You have nothing to fear as you're a good martial artist and have had good instruction. Bravo to you and your sensei! :karate:

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

• 10 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic