• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Strategies against south paws (MT)

I'm a southpaw that will fight in both stance sometimes, I really don't offer any advice but to just train more and get accustomed to even the most awkward of opponents. About the only advantage I noticed from early on was how easy it was for me to land inside thigh kicks with my left leg on a orthadox fighter.

Took the words right out my mouth. I'll switch stances up from time to time just to confuse and worry my opponent. It's funny when they try to circle away from my left, seeing as how i'm originally a righty that learned southpaw and prefer it over orthodox. So I'm generating A LOT more power out of my right then most fighters expect...

Advice..Keep training...Keep sparring...Keep mixing it up.

With Respect,

-Ray

-Pain Is Weakness Leaving The Body.

-It's Not The Size Of The Dog In The Fight, But The Size Of The Fight In The Dog.

• 2 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I trained boxing for 3 years, and I benefitted much because I am ambidextrious (i can write with both hands pretty good). Although I haven't done enough experimenting in amatuer fights (they are short), when sparring I change up from a left to a right handed stance (i do the classic sugar ray stance, with the shoulder roll) because I like getting inside and moving while throwing alot of hooks. Anyway, just saying that when sparring south paws i liked to switch up my stance and see how they react-could be a bad thing, i'm not the most experienced, so if they surprise me when i'm messing with my stances i could be in for some trouble...

Do not demand what you can not take by force.