• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Info on a strange lil' device...

Kain

Some days ago, a friend of a friend told me about a device to exercise your ki or something like this. It's just an 8 cm long pin with the head pinned in an eraser. On top is a piece of paper 8 cm^2 (8*8), folded and opened so that it takes a small pyramid like shape. Now this thing is REALLY unstable, it can rotate even whith the air waves of you scratching your nose, so you have to be alone in a quiet room and very careful. You place your hands at the sides, keeping some little distance, concentrate on the movement of the pyramid, and...

Well, it is supposed to rotate if you do it correctly. It is hard to tell, really, because it moves with almost nothing. I tried it, it hardly (but did) work, and I still don't know if I just saw what I want to see, since I never exercised my concentration (at least never without doing karate moves).

I just want to know the name of this device and find more information about it. Do you know it? Have you tried it? Does it work?

Tell me what you think, I'm really curious.

http://img15.imgspot.com/u/07/117/17/Picture3.jpg

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.

--Confucius

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 2 weeks later...

I probably wouldnt say it was effective,but then again you never know

the best fight is one that doesnt happen

• 4 years later...

Science!! It's a rather simple explanation. Convection. Your hands are warm and the heat rises, cool air moves in moving the paper.

Here is a video that explains it.

Perhaps brought to us by the same people that brought us the Pet Rock?

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.