• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Do you ever feel like *you* are *that* kind of student?

DisgruntledGirl

it is better that you take discipline and keep going than to be discouraged and give up.

Agreed... and I think that some might be missinterpreting my initial post in thinking that I dont take discipline well...

I have no problems with the act of being disciplined... its just the fact that I needed the disciplining at all (and the first time not even realising that I was being "disciplined" at first) that some seem to have a problem with??

Meh. How do you know untill you are told?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In our school, my instructor does not tolerate anyone talking out in class while he is teaching or talking.

But correct me if I'm wrong but it seems by your post that your instructor doesnt even allow questions durring the actual class? Is that right or have I just overanalyzed what you said or something?

Oh, he allows questions. Once he has stopped talking and we are practicing, if we have a question, we raise our hand and he comes over. Still, we do not just shout out the question. Usually he will then say to the class, "so and so had a great question..." and he will explain. No we do not talk out. It is a very large class, and if people were talking and interrupting while he was teaching, there would be less time to train because he would be waiting for the room to quiet down or have to explain himself every few minutes.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

Oh, he allows questions. Once he has stopped talking and we are practicing, if we have a question, we raise our hand and he comes over. Still, we do not just shout out the question. Usually he will then say to the class, "so and so had a great question..." and he will explain. No we do not talk out. It is a very large class, and if people were talking and interrupting while he was teaching, there would be less time to train because he would be waiting for the room to quiet down or have to explain himself every few minutes.

Gotcha. While I honestly do not even know yet the exact protocol that we are to use when asking a question (except that on rare occations that I have mentioned, I am almost sure I have gone outside of it) I do not think it is quite the problem as it would be in your class seeing as yours is so large. The largest I have seen my class be is 8 people... but that was only like once. Typically it is 3 - 5 sometimes 6 people.

In my class its a little weird though... I have seen some ask a question quite informally immidiately after the Sensei has told them what to do or after they finish doing what they were told to do and not being treated sternly over it... as I have also seen others go about it quite formally with the usage of the Japanese word (that I know how to say but not how to spell so I wont try it here) and the sensei acknowledgeing them and then they ask their question and say the other Japanese words that I am not gonna bother to spell :D (aragato goz......) when they are given an answer. So he does not appear to be entirely strict... but there is deffinately a line.

I just kinda went wrong in that I asked my question very informally immediately *after* the sensei was trying to correct me, which I understand to not be good... but it just slips out. It was only after the last class that I did this that I started to become aware that a.) its not entirely appropriate and b.) I was the only one who did it. :idea: