• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The "Embarassing Karate Story..." Thread

alright, title's self explanatory so i'll start with mine...

well i was at my dojang one night working late one very stormy night. two other black belts who were there sparring and flirting(they were an item at the time) were working on things as well. so im over in the corner working with my chuks, and like i said it was really storming outside, so im in there twirling these things about at lightening speed and the power goes out completely, and i proceeded to smack myself square in the face with one of my chuks from shock that the lights went out all of a sudde. so when the lights turned back on like 3 seconds later, due to generator power, there was a rather large red mark on my forehead, not to mention the other two black belts heard the thump :-/

yea i felt wicked awesome after that....not.

K.Chuilli

2nd Dan, Instructor

Kyo Sah Nim

Moo Duk Kwan Tang Soo Do

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

PWNED! :lol: Just be thankful you weren't doing leg tricks when that happened. I've messed up like that before. It's not very plesant.

There's a story of mine in itself right there. Some friends of mine wanted to see some nunchuck combos of mine. So while I was doing them, I switched to leg tricks and nailed myself in the groin. They laughed. I cried :lol: Then I recovered and tried again. Slammed myself in the nose. Take in mind that my nunchucks are self-made. They are wood and layerd with electric tape for grips.

Another story of mine is back when I was younger, I was sparring with a second degree karate black belt. Also in front of most of my friends. All I remember is no matter what I tried, it ended up with my legs over my head, my body in the air and then me on the ground and them laughing. All for about fifteen minutes straight.

I was in vee arnis jujitsu class an i was sparring their best at the time, he was green i was white. He nailed me in the nuts an doubled over in pain, everybody was saying i was acting cause i was scared to fight, even tho i was destroying this dude straight up, but real reason was cause i was embrassed an there was this hot chick in the class that was laughing an staring at me... who of course turned out to be the green belts sister.

well my story is not as funny as those but its still pretty good. okay as a future black sash one of my tests is to be able to pass own my knowledge to other younger students( teach class) so i am giving class and the little kids want to sparr so i decide to let them once we are done with there lesson. So since there much smaller they like to attack me all at once, and have a tendancy to have to grab my legs while the others attack my body.( smart to be so young) i have told them countless times to NOT PULL MY PANTS !!! :x but they seem to think i am playing because i am still a child myself(16yrs) so one day i where my larger pants do to my others needing to be washed, and we once again sparr. except this time because my pants are bigger when they pull them, they pull them down ( not completly but down enough) . I pulled them up fast as i can while my Sifu and assistant instructor are luaghing there brains out. AND if thats not all they decide to do it again, because they think i am playing. it was a very, very, embarrsing day.

you must learn different combinations of techniques down to your very soul and they must come without thinking when you finish with one technique, you must immediately go into another until you have attained your goal which is to destroy the enemy.

When I was younger I thought I wasn't supposed to hit the girls while doing kumite and so one time I was fighting some girl and I just stood there while she proceeded to punch me in the mouth. After about 3 or 4 punches I started to bleed. So now I have a crazy vendetta against all women. J/k :brow:

nunchucks hmmmmm........ a very interesting weapon. dangerous for the enemy and dangerous for the controler of the weapon :lol: :lol: :lol:

the best fight is one that doesnt happen

:roll: I was doing heian shodan, a white belt kata a few weeks ago and completely messed it up. I don't know why, I guess my mind wandered or soemthing. Luckily, when I looked around, I found that everyone else (all brown or black belts) had messed up as well. I didn't feel quite so bad then :lol:

Another time I was sparring with a new white belt. Well not sparring but shoulder touching. Instead of sparring you try to touch the other person's shoulders without letting them touch yours. I was having fun with the new belt, sliding backwards and to the side, just having fun with them. Suddenly, I wasn't slidng backwards, but falling backwards. I landed on my back. The white belt hadn't even touched me! Sensei came over and congradulated the bewildered newbie on downing me :lol:

External training without the training of the mind is nothing

Another time I was sparring with a new white belt. Well not sparring but shoulder touching. Instead of sparring you try to touch the other person's shoulders without letting them touch yours. I was having fun with the new belt, sliding backwards and to the side, just having fun with them. Suddenly, I wasn't slidng backwards, but falling backwards. I landed on my back. The white belt hadn't even touched me! Sensei came over and congradulated the bewildered newbie on downing me :lol:

It sounds like you were the victim of the "touchless knockout!" :) That is a tough break. I'll bet the expression on the white belt's face was priceless!