• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How long does it take for you to know if you passed?

2-3 weeks

Thats what I'm thinking it will be close to for me. As of Wednesdays class it will make one day more than a full week.

Also after talking to my boss (whos children go where I go) he made it sound like it took them a good few weeks to find out.... though I was really hoping he meant "a few weeks to get their belts" instead of just finding out though. :D

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm not really sure. It's been so long since I last tested and passed, I think my instructor lets you know after the test is over. I'm not sure, though. Hopefully, though, by tonight I will let you know! :)

If you're not laughin', you're not livin'!--Carlos Mencia

sorry let me specify more, its usually 2-3 weeks until our students get the results and the belts/certificates at the same time. but thats just our school, but thats usually how they do it, only because it takes that long to get certificates done, notify all the instructors and order the right size belts in a bulk amount. good luck, im sure you did fine.

in tang soo,

k.chuilli

K.Chuilli

2nd Dan, Instructor

Kyo Sah Nim

Moo Duk Kwan Tang Soo Do

Our instructor hands out the grading sheets at the end of the session, with scores & comments.

If you think only of hitting, springing, striking or touching the enemy, you will not be able actually to cut him. You must thoroughly research this. - Musashi

Well, I passed!!!

"90%"

Points that were deducted were primarily stuff I knew anyway. Only comment that actually surprised me was that I was told that my kicks during the basics part were primarily a little too low... I actually wanted to kick myself during the exam cus I coulda swore they were too high... but I guess I was just overcompensating after being told often that my kicks do get away from me from time to time and will kick almost jodan when told to kick chudan in class sometimes.

Most of the other deductions were for a weak/absent kiai in an appropriate place primarily during the basics and the sparring.

I also had a small deduction for looking to the floor too much during the kata instead of straight ahead.

All in all I'm pleased. Even if everything else I only did as well as I did I would have gotten a much better score if only i would have kiaied better... something so simple.

Anyway, thanks for your support. I can now fully destress :D

Congratulations! :karate: May you have many more happy testings to come!

Remember, they are all learning experiences, so glean what you can from them, and continue to work to make yourself better.

Bruce Lee said once that "In every passionate pursuit, the pursuit is worth more than the goal." That is close, anyways. I'll double check and edit for the complete quote.