• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How long does it take for you to know if you passed?

(sidenote: I am not looking for an answer like "Well you should "know" if you passed should't you?" So, now that that is out of the way :P )

Question for the Senseis of the group:

(Approximately) how long do you wait to give your students their results?

Question for Students:

How long dose it typically take for your Sensei to let you know if you passed or not?

Me? I'm kinda losing my mind over here :lol: Tested last week Tuesday and still dont know. Though in all fairness Fridays class was canceled due to Sensei being out sick (well his daughter really moreso than him).

Do ya think I might get my results tonight or is this part of the whole disciplin thing? :dodgy:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

As in right after the test or after your next class after the day of the test???

Is your test day almost just like another day at class? Ours seems a little more formal and the Sensei (who is typically a really easy going guy) seems more stern and basically all we do that night is the test and then hurry up and leave so that the next belt rank can then take their test.

Does your dojo not have any ties to any affiliations who they might have to send the results to first before you get them?

The same evening that we test!

The test day is like any other day, I let our Sensei know that I am ready for the test and if another blk belt is there and the Sensei feels that I am ready will test me and or other students.

My Sensei is the sytle head of our style, so it makes it much more easy to test and get the results back that night.

How many nuns could a nunchuk chuck if a nunchuk could chuck nuns?

The same evening that we test!

Ah, no fair! :D

[edited for lack of me reading things properly the first time]

My Sensei is the sytle head of our style, so it makes it much more easy to test and get the results back that night.

Ah I see.. that would make things a lot easier.

I still want to hear from others as to how quickly or not they are told.

Edited by DisgruntledGirl

That seems a little strange to me, we find out the day of the test. When I was in judo though, it took a few days after the test for the belts to come in, but we still knew after the test.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

At a coloured belt testing if everyone passes we usually find out almost immediately and any belts are given out. However if someone hasn't passed our instructor doesn't tell us the results as a group, instead he will tell the people who haven't privately and will discuss why they didn't pass and what they can improve on etc.

We have a lot of younger students coming up through the ranks now and it can be quite upsetting for a 7 year-old to have it announced in front of his parents and friends that he failed. Plus when the instructor does tell them privately they are more likely to ask why they didn't pass instead of runing off to save themselves from embaressment.

At Blackbelt testings it is announced as soon as they have finished marking the written papers and added up the results. I've never seen a person fail because they simply aren't entered if there is a chance that they will.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius