• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Anyway I can use my martial art skills to make a living?

You need to figure out what you love about the martial arts the most...I've seen people from our dojo accepted into the FBI, others work teaching as supplemental income, you can teach martial arts classes and self-defense classes at local colleges, etc

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strictly speaking, the money is in MMA.

You also have the option of opening your own school and teaching.

Bouncing is not a full time job- most places only hire bouncers for a thursday- saturday shift. Its also not a good idea if you're primary instinct is striking. Beating people up will get you sued, whether you're right or wrong.

I would work on getting a job teaching- I know a friend of mine who made ~ $25-30k a year teaching Tae Kwon Do.....before he threw it all away.

I would work on getting a job teaching- I know a friend of mine who made ~ $25-30k a year teaching Tae Kwon Do...

I need to get something set up like that. That would be great. How many hours a day did he teach?

I would work on getting a job teaching- I know a friend of mine who made ~ $25-30k a year teaching Tae Kwon Do...

I need to get something set up like that. That would be great. How many hours a day did he teach?

I think he taught twice during the week and then again saturday morning. Figure 3 classes each night during the week, (kids, lower ranks, higher ranks) 1 hour each. Then the saturday class was intended for all instructors to be there from about 10-12 if I remember correctly

yes teaching can be very profitable especially if its what you enjoy doing. I am 19 myself and as a young guy i make much more money than my friends... but even more importantly... I love my job! I stay in great shape, meet tons of people, can train whenever I want to, still compete in tournaments as often as i want. the rewards of instruction are vast. I say dont knock it till you try it.

I think he taught twice during the week and then again saturday morning. Figure 3 classes each night during the week, (kids, lower ranks, higher ranks) 1 hour each. Then the saturday class was intended for all instructors to be there from about 10-12 if I remember correctly

Ah, thanks for sharing. I thought that maybe he taught something like 5 days a week. But, 3 classes per night, 3 nights a week could be a good set-up as well. Did he work any other jobs, as well?

Ah, thanks for sharing. I thought that maybe he taught something like 5 days a week. But, 3 classes per night, 3 nights a week could be a good set-up as well. Did he work any other jobs, as well?

No, he was a bum- I was 19 at the time, he was 23. He was a kid that just didnt want to grow up and be an adult. Ended up with him losing his job over something stupid that cost him his career as TKD instructor. Now hes working a 9-5 job because he couldnt grow up.

there are tournaments that i can get paid for goin to. y didnt anyone tell me?

dose any1 no any websites i can go to that will give me some information of these tournements. I was going to open up my own martial arts school eventually but if there is way i can get money for my tournements i would love doin that, are they like normal tournaments or just sparring, atleast until i decide to settle down any open my school franchise. But anyway hat are the name/webs of some.

you must learn different combinations of techniques down to your very soul and they must come without thinking when you finish with one technique, you must immediately go into another until you have attained your goal which is to destroy the enemy.