• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

definately go and watch all your options, and i know that i take tang soo do and kempo and tang soo do has very deep stances so, if that is within reach, that might be of interest to you. it also will aide in arm strength.

in tang soo,

k.chuilli

K.Chuilli

2nd Dan, Instructor

Kyo Sah Nim

Moo Duk Kwan Tang Soo Do

• 1 month later...

The town in which I live only provides Jiu Jitsu lessons. it's fourty bucks for five lessons or some junk like that and i really have no means of getting out of town to seek other trainers. my main question is what's jiu jitsu all about?

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

The town in which I live only provides Jiu Jitsu lessons. it's fourty bucks for five lessons or some junk like that and i really have no means of getting out of town to seek other trainers. my main question is what's jiu jitsu all about?

well jujitsu is very cool, i like it, its japanese in origin and forces your opponent to comply with you, like it or not. jujitsu uses your opponents own energy, and momentum against him/her to get them into a series of joint locks and eventually kill. now joint locks arent all it is but it is an integral part to the system. the word jujitsu translated actually means gentleness believe it or not, because the internal part of the art is suppose to relax its students. jujutsu is a very close quarters art, because you fight in one circle and you try not to leave that, so you will never find yourself fighting distanced like some other arts. as far as weapons go, i know they use canes, and they might use swords i believe. good luck, hope this helped.

In tang soo,

k.chuilli

K.Chuilli

2nd Dan, Instructor

Kyo Sah Nim

Moo Duk Kwan Tang Soo Do

• 7 months later...
Hi everyone! This is my first post on this great forum of yours.

I am actually into table tennis and I have been thinking of taking up a martial arts style on the side to supplement my table tennis. Basically, I am looking for a particular style that involves getting from point A to point B whilst in a crouching position. Anyone have any good ideas? The martial arts that are available for me are karate, Hapkido, Judo, Boxing and Taekwondo.

P.S. Body type? Short and slightly chubby, like George Constanza from Seinfeld.

It doesn't matter about your body type becuase you can change that. I think that you should go to each of the school and sit in on a class and watch , if you like what you see and think your up for it , then take the class.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.