• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

SHORIN RYU SHORINKAN YAKOSOKU KUMITE

JimmyNewton

Anyone know of where video footage for the Yakosoku kumite (prearranged fighting) for Shorin-Ryu Shoinkan?

Thanks,

JN

"The wise and successsful will always be met with violent opposition by mediocre minds."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

written would be great.

we havent worked on them as we should and I would like to brush up on hem. i polished up a little bit over the summer at sensei perry's camp, but still don't have them 100 %. its just something that seemed to have gotten overlooked over the years and needs to be re-established as part of our curriculum. thank you.

you can email me at jimmynewton@excite.com.

your help is greatly appreciated.

jn

"The wise and successsful will always be met with violent opposition by mediocre minds."

i checked the files, i scaned these files last year and i used a OCR program to read them, there are some mistakes in the text and i found a wrounf stance also, i 'll check and rewrite them tonight.

I am gonna talk to my sensei and post the Yakusokus on the youtube.

I have a pdf copy of the kumite in Welch's manual.

It contains text and pictures.

I just sent them to you via your website.

Joe

Too early in the morning? Get up and train.

Cold and wet outside? Go train.

Tired? Weary of the whole journey and longing just for a moment to stop and rest? Train. ~ Dave Lowry

Why do we fall, sir? So that we may learn how to pick ourselves back up. ~ Alfred Pennyworth

• 3 weeks later...

Anyway possible you could also send them to me???? I have the Shidokan kumites on dvd but not the Shorinkan....Would love any help!!!

John

A punch should stay like a treasure in the sleeve. It should not be used indiscrimately.

Kyan Chotoku Sensei