• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yes these kicks work when used in the right situation. I wouldn't spin around and turn my back to an opponent to throw a back kick or a spinning back hook kick (jorakay fad hang). But if I had missed, for example, a round kick then I would carry on spinning arround and throw these kicks. This is capitalising on a potentially bad situation and using it to your advantage.

One type of hook kick that I wouldn't use in a full contact bout is a reverse roundhouse hook kick.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes these kicks work when used in the right situation. I wouldn't spin around and turn my back to an opponent to throw a back kick or a spinning back hook kick (jorakay fad hang). But if I had missed, for example, a round kick then I would carry on spinning arround and throw these kicks. This is capitalising on a potentially bad situation and using it to your advantage.

One type of hook kick that I wouldn't use in a full contact bout is a reverse roundhouse hook kick.

theres a setup for the the spining hook kick, its the roundhouse kick, the round kick is the mostfamou setup for the spin hook kick or back kick, its not impossible to you a spinning hook or back, although i know what you mean i have a hard time landing my spin ook kick too.

iluvmartialartskajukenbousansoomooyeadokarate

Spinning kicks usually require a set-up, or work better as a counter. Throwing one by itself as an offensive manuever is really difficult to land.

Throwing [a spinning kick] by itself as an offensive manuever is really difficult to land.

As an offensive move, is it easier to block, Bushido Man? Or is it that you can more easily move in on the kicker and deliver a strike of your own?

:-?

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

Both, really. Its easy to jam a spin kick, and easy to block, because if it is thrown as a stand alone technique, even if someone is super fast, it still has that body movement that telegraphs it. Sure, you can minimize that with training, but the nature of the beast here dictates that there will be some give-away motion.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with bushido man, these types of tactics do telegraph more and are difficult to land "straight up".

They really are best when you find yourself in an "oops" posture and need to turn out of it.

• 1 month later...

another thing would probably be damage. if the judges think ur kicks caused or would have caused (light kickboxing is light contact right?) then they may have looked at it as ur kicks did more damage then the other fighters punches

"Bushido is realized in the presence of death"

"TapouT or PassouT"

also remember in boxing or kickboxing judges dont just judge on quantity but also quality. they judge on speed, power, damage, placement, control, and defense as well as quantity of attacks

"Bushido is realized in the presence of death"

"TapouT or PassouT"

• 1 year later...

That could be explained for two reasons. Firstly you landed more and more powerful strikes than he did, which may be why you won. Secondly you hit him with pretty good kicks, so the judges probably noticed that.

I am not a fighter, I am a guardian.

• 1 year later...