• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What is a Karate Club??

NY_Karatedork

in a traditional dojo some people may pay less than others or even practice for free due to different reasons, when it comes to a karate club it should means everybody is responsible for the cost of the rent and equipments.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I thing that a karate club and a karate dojo are two different things.

A dojo is a room where you practice your system, as opposed to a club which is the sum of the members within.

At the club where I teach, we train once a week, for 2 hours. For the rest of the week the dojo is a church hall.

For those two hours though, the club members make it a dojo. If that makes sense.

"The difference between the possible and impossible is one's will"

"saya no uchi de katsu" - Victory in the scabbbard of the sword. (One must obtain victory while the sword is undrawn).

https://www.art-of-budo.com

I thing that a karate club and a karate dojo are two different things.

A dojo is a room where you practice your system, as opposed to a club which is the sum of the members within.

At the club where I teach, we train once a week, for 2 hours. For the rest of the week the dojo is a church hall.

For those two hours though, the club members make it a dojo. If that makes sense.

That does make good sense, Zanshin.

In the past, I had usually thought of clubs as part-time workout schools, like for 2 days a week, or something like that. However, the club referring to the group makes more sense.

• 1 month later...
I never thought of it like that and it makes sense to me. Why not have a permanent dojo boggles me but I can accept it.

It would be nice, but not everyone can afford to do it.