• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What is a Karate Club??

NY_Karatedork

Hi There is a Karate club near where I live in Malone New York and the person who runs it uses a building that has a gym and it's name is the Ducote Karate Club and I have sent him e-mails and gotten replies but is a Karate club something that doesn't have a fixed building?

I have ninja monkies in my brain and they are using it as a trampaline.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The term "club" usually just refers it as a group of people interested in the same thing. It does not have any relation to whether they have a standing building or not.

Thanks, that is what I thought it was but I wasn't totally sure and I didn't want to say something wrong and embaress myself.

No problem. In the past, I had heard of schools being considered full-time establishments, and clubs as part-time, but that could have just been a few instances.

• 1 month later...

well the part-time thing makes sense since the classes are only held on tuesday and thursday and each class is an hour long. I guess it's a club because there are not that many students so instead of being a school or dojo it's a club. But here is a odd thing, the man is opening another club in a city an hour away.

• 2 months later...

Well I just found out that the man now has three locations and small bell going off in my head that this might be a McDojo since I don't know how this guy can run three seperate places.

Just because he has three locations doesn't necessarily mean he teaches at all three. He may have hired other instructors or had other students come up through the ranks. On the other hand, maybe it is. It would require more research and observation to find out.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Lordtariel has some good points. You don't want to discount the place just because he has expanded. He may have produced some good students who wanted to teach, but could not get started on their own. Therefore, he may have helped them out.

Check them out first, and see what they are like.

Thanks for the advice guys (or gals) I don't wanna sound paranoid but look before you leap and I'd rather be safe than sorry.