• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Stopping Karate?

Kante

Take the time, get it taken care of and then go back. The time is not that substantial. Sitting down that long might seem like eternity now, but you've got a life and daily activities that you're going to want to live pain free for quite awhile.

I was there once, young, enthusiastic, and prepping for a pretty big competivitve tourney during my shootfighting days. I ended up injuryingmy wrist fairly signifigantly during free form sd training (which goes to a whole host of issues as to how one should train for up coming full contact competitions but what can I say, I was young).

Anyway, I decided that this training thing was more important than getting it fixed. Now, 15 years later, my wrist hurts everytime I do something like hit a mit, or bag, not to mention mundane things like bang it on the fridge accidentally. Winter makes if ache almost constantly and I'm waiting (quite some time) until retirement so I can get the whole thing fused (a much bigger procedure than what I should have elected to do back when). Once that's done, I won't be able to hit things anymore, or climb on it, lift heavy, ect. talk about a life change.

So, the moral is, it's not that important. Take the time, get it fixed if you have to, and then start up. It's not worth messing with the rest of your life to pick up four weeks of training now. Think of it as a marathon, not a sprint. You'll be back.

Just some advice from the older, and hopfully, wiser viewpoint (by the way, I won my division :) )

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic