• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

how many hours do you train a day?

I train about an hour and a half twice a week, and practice about an hour and a half total at home during a week. I have lots of other concerns in my life and can't spend all my time doing MA.

Ah good. Someone similar to me, I was starting to feel bad :P I have three "hour long" (though usually end up being a little more than an hour and 15 minutes) classes a week and most days I'll just do little 5-15 minutes spurts of practicing and on the weekend will do about 30-45 minutes straight of practicing then do a few little intermittent spurts here and there. I just tend to not be bothered to warm up properly at home or something cus my knees seem to bother me much more when I practice at home (maybe its just that extra push I get at class or something since someone else is "watching" me, so I cant just "give up" as easily) so I usually just do enough to get a particular technique at least slightly better than the class before.

I love it and everything... but I doubt I'm as serious as most of these other guys about it. Then again, I am also just a beginner so there is less material for me to cover. Maybe when I get a little further along I'll almost "need" to work at it more just to keep up and be able to advance at a "reasonable" pace?

Wonder how many of these that train more than an hour a day (other than class days and possibly even other than weekends) are either older than 20 or are not a teacher of it? While I'm sure some are just that passionate about it, I'd say most that train that often are probably fairly young or an instructor... but what do I know? :-? Though now that I think about it... I know some gym rats at my office that "work out" at least 3 hours a day so I guess its no different... but they know I think they're crazy :D

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic