• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

how many hours do you train a day?

My weekends are reserved for yard & housework, family time and the outdoors.

I am experiencing this more and more myself! The wife is good at finding projects to do around the house! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just want to compare it to my around 3-4.... :roll: should i do more than that? less? is it too stressfull?

Thank u boshido, ur words are kind and have much heart behind them.

Dear Boyo, this kinds of training isn't bad but, what are your goals. to aimlessly strike the air, is as others have stated... a waste of time. If you are truly devoting this much time, you should be awsome. if your not awsome, you needa new instructor. and you need a goal. Are you trying to compete. The o nly time in my life i trained this hard was for competition. If you're not an international competitor, then this is too much and will destroy your young body. You body needs time to repair and recuperate. I can't stress enough how dangerous this can be to your joints and limbs. I would only sacrifice my body if there was great reward. sure nothing hurts now while your young, but wait till your an old man like me. Do you wanna walk..... or limp.

place clever martial arts phrase here

i just want to compare it to my around 3-4.... :roll: should i do more than that? less? is it too stressfull?

Thank u boshido, ur words are kind and have much heart behind them.

Dear Boyo, this kinds of training isn't bad but, what are your goals. to aimlessly strike the air, is as others have stated... a waste of time. If you are truly devoting this much time, you should be awsome. if your not awsome, you needa new instructor. and you need a goal. Are you trying to compete. The o nly time in my life i trained this hard was for competition. If you're not an international competitor, then this is too much and will destroy your young body. You body needs time to repair and recuperate. I can't stress enough how dangerous this can be to your joints and limbs. I would only sacrifice my body if there was great reward. sure nothing hurts now while your young, but wait till your an old man like me. Do you wanna walk..... or limp.

Agreed...even the hardest of hardcore Muay Thai pros and aspiring pros training in Thailand, who basically do nothing else in their lives, take a day off training each week. And while they do go for more hours a day, many of them are finished not far into their twenties and then are forced to either instruct or try and do something else with their lives. If you are the age that your username suggests, you should be using some of that time to study because, besides the demands on your body, if a career in martial arts doesn't pan out, you need options.

Battling biomechanical dyslexia since 2007

I think ultimately we need balence in our lives. This means balence in our training (striking, grappling, strength flexibility) and in our lives (Training vs. job/family). If you focus too much on one the others will suffer.

5th Dan Tang Soo Do

I think ultimately we need balence in our lives. This means balence in our training (striking, grappling, strength flexibility) and in our lives (Training vs. job/family). If you focus too much on one the others will suffer.

Those are all good points. It is very difficult at times, especially when taking care of a family, to get around to everything. Finding that little bit of time makes everything all the more rewarding.

2-3 hrs a day, 5 days a week.

Wow, that is quite a chunk of training! Is it all MA training time, or is weight lifting and cardio worked in as well?

I train about an hour and a half twice a week, and practice about an hour and a half total at home during a week. I have lots of other concerns in my life and can't spend all my time doing MA.

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein