• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

sectioned weapons

when your using sectioned weapons do you prefer chain or string to form the links? i have heard people argue about this and i have no preference. just wondering what the majority of people prefer and why.

When practicing Nunchaku, it is best not to stand under lights....seriously; I have broken more lights that way. :-P

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Haven't used a sectioned staff yet, but I would like to. I have used nunchaku extensively and my preference depends on whether I am doing a demonstration (in class or tourney) or fighting (real or practice). I prefer the traditional rope type of cord for class and demos. It moves more smoothly and it's quieter. For a more realistic combat situation, I would rather have a heavy chain. Mostly because it is harder to break or cut. Especially if I have to fight a bladed weapon, one hard swipe could destroy my weapon.

Paranoia is not a fault. It is clarity of the world around us.

Hey, a fellow Goshin guy. Glad to see we're still around throughout the country. If you ever make it to Ohio, we can do some training. I'm sure our curriculum is very similar.

Paranoia is not a fault. It is clarity of the world around us.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I prefer chain on my chucks, and I am experiments with a 3 section staff that is chain. This may be weird but I like the sound of the chain..lol.

Blue Belt/Stripe in Shaolin Ch'uan Fa

5 Animals

Ju-Jitsu

"Be Hard as Earth, Fight like Fire, Move like the Wind, and Flow like Water"

I use chain. One of the parents of a student shortened them for me, took out two links so it's the right size for my hand (I have small hands). I don't know how one would shorten a cord without just cutting it and tying it back together, and then wouldn't that effect the performance of the nunchuku?

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein