For what reasons do people fight?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I agree with Martial_Artist, except I would say people's negative actions come from some form of fear. Necessity (often the perception of personal lacking in a given situation) usually fuels fear rather nicely. Without fear I don't think it would occur to people to do harm to each other.

That's my short response. I'm too tired to give the long response :).

1st Dan Hapkido

Colored belts in Kempo and Jujitsu

Good question. I think all of the above can be summed up in NECESSITY. People fight because of necessity. Let me explain. Humans tend to do whatever is most necessary to them(their personal view) at any given moment. Thus it is necessity that governs choice. Whether your reason lies behind fear, defense, stupidity, etc. the reason remains that you fought at that moment because you felt it the most necessary thing to do at that moment. On the other hand, NECESSITY is the same governing factor behind running. Choosing to run vs fight depends on what you view as necessary at that given moment.

What a well thought out and insightful post.

• 2 weeks later...
Because, we steal each other's girlfriends....
:lol:

I would have to agree with Martial_Artist, but not always. Some people are just plain mean, and decide to hit someone because they WANT to, not because they need to. When emotions (and hormones) are running high, anything can happen. I think that's why so many teenage guys end up bashing each other's faces in (which brings us back to Magik's point ;) ).

This is a good question because there are so many different answers. I don't think any one answer is right or wrong. As in many other things in life, fighting is circumstantial, and each case is different.

In addition to fistfights, let us ask: why do people verbally fight (yelling at each other)?

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

i dont like fighting outside of the ring or the dojo......plus i dont wanna fight because i dont wanna have to embarress the guy messing with me... im a nice guy i dont want to have to hurt anybody but i will if i have to

I think that there are many reasons that people fight, many fight out of some form of frustration be it their personal lives, not having a good job ,relationships etc

I think that society dictates that if we dont have a good job ,big house ,flash car, pretty girl ect then were failing in some way!

a lot of people dont have the self worth to understand that all these things are pointless and that less is more,I think that if we could just be happy with what weve got then the world would be a better place. thats not to say that we shouldnt try to better our selves but just try to realize that being content is priceless!!!!!!!!!

you only get out what you put in!