• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

weapons?

Eye of the Tiger

I was carring a 8in. knife the other day, I cant believe that is illegal

God grant me the sirenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Yellow Belt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

in England carryign anythign in public that can be classed as an offensive weapon can get you prosecuted. The law is much stricter than most people realsie: they can get you for a ballpoint pen technically. I was told this by a policeman because I had tonfas in my car boot (trunk) and stopped when I witnessed an accident. He warned me not to carry them around unless I could prove i was going straight to the dojo or straight back home, and even then they should be in a padlocked proper carrying case.

3rd Kyu - Variant Shotokan

Taijutsu

"We staunt traditionalists know that technique is nowhere near as important as having your pleats straight when you die."

in England carryign anythign in public that can be classed as an offensive weapon can get you prosecuted. The law is much stricter than most people realsie: they can get you for a ballpoint pen technically. I was told this by a policeman because I had tonfas in my car boot (trunk) and stopped when I witnessed an accident. He warned me not to carry them around unless I could prove i was going straight to the dojo or straight back home, and even then they should be in a padlocked proper carrying case.

I can agree with that. A friend of mine who trains at the same karate dojo as me is a police sergeant. She got a lift back home from training with me once and I had my Aikido weapons (Jo, two Bokkens and a Tanto) on the back seat.

She told me that I could get prosecuted just for carrying them around in my car, even if I was on my way to or back from the dojo.

Since then, I keep all my weapons (I have other kobudo stuff too) in zipped cases and only take them out of the house if I'm going to training.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

The law enforcement around here will usually understand if you are taking them to work out or driving to the dojo as long as you are honest with them and they fell like it's ok to let you go. I keep some of my "weapons" in my car because I drove to the dojo almost everyday. I think in some places they would be more strict because they have more crime, IE Los Angeles.