• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

April Fools!

Hello,

April Fools! :) Knowing how sensitive the whole buying ranks thing can be, we decided to take advantage of that to have a little fun. Getting any belt you want (even no belt) if you pay $5? Even the prospect of not getting a belt unless you pay? (Thanks baronbvp for giving me that opening... it hadn't even crossed our minds. :D) This is what most would probably consider the stuff of McDojos. :)

The PayPal payment link was real and if we had received any payments (we didn't), I would have changed their belts... and then changed them back and refunded their money after we made this announcement. JKDManCT is not a real person (if you look closely, JKDManCT has his style listed as TKD... doesn't make a whole lot of sense, lol). We also "promoted" 5 members (armanox, baronbvp, DancingSteve, Elky and obiwansbane) and gave them 7 days to pay or they would go back to their normal belt. :) All belts have been restored to their normal status.

In advance, I appreciate everyone being a good sport. :) Thank you for visiting KarateForums.com.

Edited by Patrick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Im not going to lie and say I knew it the whole time. But april fools did cross my mind. Luckily I didn't WANT to buy a belt..so I didnt jump on board asking all sorts of questions.

Good joke by the way.

I come to you with only karate.

My hands are empty, but I fear no man.

aw i got owned :'( at least i got a temporary belt... it looked nice on me :P gives me something to look forward to...

but you had definately gotten me.. it didnt cross my mind that this was a joke

Brown belt... win trophies... grade... lose trophies... so much fun

I thought I got to 970 posts only to have black awarded early and then end up back with no belt. Where's my gold gilt WWF/UFC belt!

Great joke, Patrick and other moderators. April Fools never even crossed my mind even though I'd been messing with my kids all day. :)

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

Ha ha ha ha! I didn't even notice I'd been promoted! :D

I really should pay more attention!

You must be aware, always, of your surroundings, Grasshopper! :D

Hehe, this was cute- but expected since you had a nice one last year in naming yourself member of the month :)

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

Now that's awareness of your surroundings!

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.