• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Are forms suppose to be done fast or slow or at a medium pace?

And this is what I'm really cluless on:

I'm still a white belt in TKD, but I want to start another art(while also doing TKD). I think I could do it once I get into a higher belt but I'm already 13 years old, and i understand by the time i'm in highschool i won't have very much time to practice martial arts. so in a way I also want to start now while I'm young with some free time on my hands. what do you think i should do? if i do start, i want to start during this summer vacation, and if i don't start during this summer vacation, i'm not in the mood to start during 8th grade*next year* and after that it's highschool time. :sad: man, life goes by way too fast. soon im gonna be paying for my own taxes.

:cry:

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, for the most essential things are invisible to the eye.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm in the same situation (except I'm older). I wanna start in another art with TKD.

But for you, I wouldn't do it now. I'd wait till you are more "advanced". It's easy to mix up two arts that are similar (I'm still having that problem with TKD and TSD LOL). Check out the "Doing 2 martial arts. Will it benifit me?" thread. We are talking about that in there. I hope it helps.

Laurie F

You'll be young for a long time, Hiya. Trust me on that one.

Don't fret it too much. Do TKD and get good at it. Wait to start another art til you've progressed in the first one. You'll be able to make time for martial arts in high school--don't sweat it. College is a little more of a stretch (but my friends and I all train 4+ hours a week, run, lift, etc.), but in high school, you'll have no problem.

And besides, the other arts aren't going to disappear in the next few years. :smile:

Chris Tessone

Brown Belt, Kuk Sool Won

And about forms, I've been taught that kicks are done at a slow pace and hand strikes at a fast one. So while the whole form is fluid, the pace changes depending on what you're doing. This may only apply to KSW forms, though. You'd probably do best to ask your instructor.

Chris Tessone

Brown Belt, Kuk Sool Won