• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Karate Suit

lufbrajames

Hi

i have been going to Karate lessons for 2 weeks and will be getting my suit next week i hope. It comes free when you pay for the license, does this suggest it wont be good? is there anyway of telling how good it is when i get it? i've heard something about different weights?

Thanks

Kung Fu rules!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Only as good as the person wearing it.

Tae Kwon Do - 3rd Dan, Instructor

Brazilian Ju Jitsu - Purple Belt, Level 1 Instructor

these are student gi, weight like 8oz , better gi are around 12oz, i wear 14oz which is very tough and heavey.if you stay with karate you can buy a good gi later.

My experience is that these usually are the light weight gis (8oz) They're adaquate for practice, but you'll eventually want a heavier one. Once I got a heavyweight gi, I've never gone back to the lighter ones.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

I own a heavyweight gi, but I still prefer the light weight ones.

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

It most likely will be a uniform of lighter weight. It will be adequate for a time. As the others have said, you may eventually want a heavier one. However, they tend to be more pricey.

The heavyweight gis are great for kata, they provide a lot of snap that you don't get with the light ones.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

I prefer the 14oz or the 16oz super heavyweight gi's.

I wore a lightweight gi until I was a shodan...now I wouldn't wear one if I was paid to..lol

I use a heavy weight (16 oz) for gradings, otherwise a lightweight most of the time. Heavy weight is better, but a bit too hot in summer. The tie on the lightweight ones break easily.

"They can because they think they can." - School Motto.

(Shodan 11th Oct 08)