• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Belts don't matter to me anymore.....

Its not what you put on your body, but what goes into your mind that will help the most.

VERY nice, Bushido Man! That same line of reasoning could be used about tattoos.

That would make a good signature.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A lot of people in my club are pressured into teaching or helping at the club in some other way as a condition for promotion to a higher belt. Some of them are helping out for more than 3 hrs per day, 2 or 3 times a week (+having a full time job and young kids at home)... :-?

I was forced to set priorites for myself a year ago, cause my work/studies, social life and training were in each others way... I stopped teaching classes and the decision turned out to be a real eyeopener about the folks at the club. Some of my "friends" took it personally and didn't understand that my job and boyfriend were more important than reaching the requirements for the black belt. They reacted as if I was quitting on them, but I was just standing up for myself and for what I think is important in my life.

I never cared about the belt colour. As long as I'm doing my best I'm fine. But sometimes the remarks I hear about my decision make me sad and angry - so it's really nice to see someone else who's set his priorities straight. Thanks for venting out Throwdown! :karate:

If you're going trough hell, keep going. | http://www.sankukai.org

That's a good post, Muki.

I think that it is important for certain responsibilities to be required for testing for higher ranks. They aren't for just anybody. One of those thing, I think, is teaching, or at least experiencing it. Not everyone is a teacher, but everyone can learn something from the experience.

However, it seems to me that the requirements that you had were a little bit much. It is important to take into account the other things in your life, like relationships, family, etc. Without any of those things, your martial arts training may not be as complete.

Balance is important in everything that we do; life, love, and Martial Arts.

Its not what you put on your body, but what goes into your mind that will help the most.

VERY nice, Bushido Man! That same line of reasoning could be used about tattoos.

That would make a good signature.

:lol: :lol: Thanks, Baron.

Rank or no, it is always important to enjoy the journey.

Sweet...do you mind if I throw your quote around the school? I am always looking for new ways to say the same things....this fits the bill!!

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

Rank or no, it is always important to enjoy the journey.

Sweet...do you mind if I throw your quote around the school? I am always looking for new ways to say the same things....this fits the bill!!

8)

You are more than welcome to it, Heidi! :karate: