• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How good do YOU think you are?

ummmmmmm *thinks* wow

I'm am among the top fighters in my swchool, have been for a while and only been getting better >.>

I have quick reflexes and am aware most of the time. Still, I get duped alot when not in a fight and am easily beaten by a couple of my guy friends...somehow I manage to make friends with strong guys who are good at fighting ...and using their fingernails to basicly gouge little pits into your skin >.<

I'm fair with running and jogging if it's for short distances...pretty good when I'm all fresh and rested up. I once got like three laps ahead of everyone in a walk jog thing just with jogging XD call me a sprinter because right after that my legs lost thier energy and eventually they were filled with warm pain...so i kept jogging, taking minimum rests before going back to jogging. I am a beast at tae bo >.> I can do nonstop tae bo now for an hour if rested. ha, I can do more tae bo then jogging...it's pretty bad. And then there are the sports like tennis..i can't keep the ball in the painted lines >.<'

Conclusion, I'm fair and could probably hold my own against an ordinary non expeirenced martial artist weaponless gangster if I had to -_-;; though if he had a knife or some sort of weapon...(besides gun) I'd think I'd have to improvise a bit...heck I could make a little twig a weapon if i had to XD

ugh...yea. that's just me..

Strike first. 'Til then i will not fight you.

Everytime someone calls JKD a style, Bruce turns over.

Why do I love Bruce Lee? Not because he was an awesome martial artist- but because his train of thought overlapped with mine even before I knew about him.

Thank you karate forums, for introducing me to Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in my eyes i am just as good as the person fighting me.

Never underestimate your opponent

the best fight is one that doesnt happen

Nice post, a_ninja :)

Wow! Last Tuesday's class was hard. I don't know why. I felt like a total noob. I should have been wearing a yellow belt, not my red. It was just one of those days where nothing went or felt right. BUT I have a week off, because my instructor is having surgery. So I'm going to practice my butt off for next week!

Laurie F

Wow! Last Tuesday's class was hard. I don't know why. I felt like a total noob. I should have been wearing a yellow belt, not my red. It was just one of those days where nothing went or felt right. BUT I have a week off, because my instructor is having surgery. So I'm going to practice my butt off for next week!

I have days like that, too. They drive me crazy, and drive me to try to sharpen up.

Sometimes I think I am good at other times I really see how much of a beginner I am. I know I am better than I was. I am starting to get my hips in time, but that still isnt' coming. I usually strive to work up to the level of one of the black belts in the dojo. I find that I am making the same mistakes that I remember some of the now black or brown belts making when they were close to my rank. It's good to know I'm following in their footsteps :lol:

I am pretty good at sparring but I often lose hip connection in kata and basics. I seem to fight better on instinct, like when I'm sparring than by thought. Maybe that's why I have trouble with kata. I know there's a lot I need to work on before I think of myself as good, but looking at how far I've come I can say that I am good. So, to answer the question, I am good but I'll never be good enough. I'll always want to be better.

External training without the training of the mind is nothing

I have days like that, too. They drive me crazy, and drive me to try to sharpen up.

Cool. I'm not the only one. I just called my instructor. She's doing good. All is well, so far, for next week. That makes me happy. I'm glad she is in good spirits :)

Laurie F

Assessment: since my dojo now has the "regulars" training in the advanced class, it's easier to see who excels at what than when we first started out. i'm not the strongest or fastest, but what i do have is the drive and attention to detail that some of my fellow peers lack. i found that i had to work harder to get my belt then others and often tried to compete with them to be "the best" student, but 1 day i realize that i would never get anywhere in my training as long as i had an excessive competitive nature. i then focus on improving the areas i was struggling in. i used to work harder when i first started training than i do now and at times feel guilty for it....

Bottom Line: ????, well i don't think i've been training long enough to know for sure.....but my sensei did tell my i had good technique....and practice actually does help you get better...

<3

i used to work harder when i first started training than i do now and at times feel guilty for it...

I wonder if maybe you feel this way because in the beginning, you had to think harder about how to do things. Now that you have advanced, and things come more easily to you, you mistake it for not working as hard. In fact, you just have smaller, less noticible things to concentrate on, and that could be the difference.

Just a thought!

• 2 weeks later...

I'll just put it the way Bruce Lee did, "If I tell you I'm good then you'll think I am boasting, but if I tell you I am no good, then you KNOW I am lying."

"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting, but if I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."

- Bruce Lee

I'll just put it the way Bruce Lee did, "If I tell you I'm good then you'll think I am boasting, but if I tell you I am no good, then you KNOW I am lying."

When someone is always talking about how tough they are. they are not.

its the ones that dont say anything you have to worry about

Phil

Ryu Kyu Christian Karate Federation

"Do not be dependent on others for your improvement. Pay respect to God and Buddha

but do not reley on them." Musashi