• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How good do YOU think you are?

If your instructor says you should test, then why haven't you tested?

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long story. She's not my original instructor in TKD. The original one I had a falling out with. But she has two charter dojangs under his org. I train with her, but I would have to test under him for BB ... won't happen .... But she is such an awsome instructor, I train with her anyway.

Laurie F

Long story. She's not my original instructor in TKD. The original one I had a falling out with. But she has two charter dojangs under his org. I train with her, but I would have to test under him for BB ... won't happen .... But she is such an awsome instructor, I train with her anyway.

So, what will you do, then?

Sorry to hear about the situation. At least she doesn't hold it against you. It's good you have a place to train. Maybe one day she'll be able to promote you without causing friction.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

OK, I'm a Yondan (4th deg. black) in Vee-Jitsu, Nidan (2nd deg. black) in Nisei Goshinjutsu & Likha Tatlo (brown belt) in Arnis from Remy Presas. I trained for 6 yrs. in TKD under Master Cha, Ridgewood, NJ & 2 yrs. in Shotokan under Sensei Takahashi, Mt. Kisko, NY. In 1981 I was rated 4th Nationally by the AAU in kumite. Basically I'm just old but I still compete in whatever I can. It's still a great ride. I never gave up my day job, 35 yrs. with the Phone Co. but maintained a small humble, garage dojo, the Ronin Martial Arts Club for about the same amount of time. Did most of my competeing in Brooklyn & the other 4 Boroughs of NY. The martial arts are wonderful.

Thanks,

Sensei Tom