• advertisement_alt

Please stop bouncing.

A large amount of energy is spent bouncing, and on the tape you can see

a definite rythm:

move back

bounce 2-3 times

stutter step

technique

"you fight like you train" I believe was the quote.

Too early in the morning? Get up and train.

Cold and wet outside? Go train.

Tired? Weary of the whole journey and longing just for a moment to stop and rest? Train. ~ Dave Lowry

Why do we fall, sir? So that we may learn how to pick ourselves back up. ~ Alfred Pennyworth

Please stop bouncing.

A large amount of energy is spent bouncing, and on the tape you can see

a definite rythm:

move back

bounce 2-3 times

stutter step

technique

"you fight like you train" I believe was the quote.

I see what you mean on the rythm, thats just me not being good enoughe. But the bouncing is nothing wrong with in pointkarate ? Watch any competation and you will see it. For one you could watch the world championships in finland 2006. :brow:

I see what you mean on the rythm, thats just me not being good enoughe. But the bouncing is nothing wrong with in pointkarate ? Watch any competation and you will see it. For one you could watch the world championships in finland 2006. :brow:

If your only goal is "point karate" then hop away. :brow:

Just understand that thats a habit that your going to have to break if you

decide to move beyond playing "tag".

Too early in the morning? Get up and train.

Cold and wet outside? Go train.

Tired? Weary of the whole journey and longing just for a moment to stop and rest? Train. ~ Dave Lowry

Why do we fall, sir? So that we may learn how to pick ourselves back up. ~ Alfred Pennyworth

With your round kick, try starting it higher than your target, then slice downward through your target. You'll do more damage that way.

With your front kick, it looks like you're flicking rather than thrusting. You should be trying to shove the guy through the back wall with the sole of your foot.

Battling biomechanical dyslexia since 2007

With your round kick, try starting it higher than your target, then slice downward through your target. You'll do more damage that way.

With your front kick, it looks like you're flicking rather than thrusting. You should be trying to shove the guy through the back wall with the sole of your foot.

Thanks, ill try that technique with the roundhouse kick.

I see what u´r saying about the frontkick to, but I hit him very lightly becasue I didnt want him to fly back because then I wouldnt be able to get the second roundhouse kick immediatly.

I didnt want him to fly back because then I wouldnt be able to get the second roundhouse kick immediatly.

Well, in that case you wouldn't need a second one. :)

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

I didnt want him to fly back because then I wouldnt be able to get the second roundhouse kick immediatly.

Well, in that case you wouldn't need a second one. :)

Good point, Baron. However, repeat-kicking like that can help leg strength, and can be useful in point sparring (for those that do point spar).

repeat-kicking like that can help leg strength, and can be useful in point sparring

True dat.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

I think you look great for a yellow belt who's only studied six months. I do agree that you need to cut out the bouncing and keep your guard up for real fighting, though you are correct that bouncing can be advantageous for point sparring. Just don't be so predictable with your rhythms.

Also, work on the speed and sharpness of your spinning back kick--I think it could be seen and blocked or evaded rather easily.

I was quite impressed that you rotated well on your supporting foot. Too many beginners just don't get that correctly. Keep up the good work.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu