• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Burmese boxing//iron head

This noble art is fantastic. The thought of this pugilistic art brings thoughts of warriors, long gone.

The match is between a Thai fighter and Burmese fighter. Its hailed as a friendship match. '''Iron head''' is a class act and a few of his videos can be found if you look for them.

You have all the same striking weapons as 'Thia Boxing' which is a deadly combination. Just to add interest 'head butts ' are allowed also !!!

To keep things interesting gloves are not worn just 'hand wraps' taped on. If a fighter is knocked down and is dazed, he has the right to carry on if he feels he can continue. This can happen many times in a match.

Normally as we know in westernized arts, knock downs can mean game over. Not with these toughened fighters thats just the tonic to get back in there !!

Looks very untidy at times, but these guys basically fight to win via knockout.

I have 100% admiration for the courage shown by these true martial warriors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87zbqLbddZ8&mode=related&search=

Wing chun helps you find the path to ones inner strength. I am getting stronger

'''First in First served''....''Mike Walsh''' 6'th Dan.R.I.P sensie

http://www.communigate.co.uk/chesh/runcornwingchun/index.phtml

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Interesting. I think the nature of the fight would change a lot without a TKO rule. I don't think that there are many countries that would sanction such a fight, though.

That's a different way to win - busting the opponent's elbow with your head!

If you think only of hitting, springing, striking or touching the enemy, you will not be able actually to cut him. You must thoroughly research this. - Musashi

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My first Kru(alberto ramirez)fought under these rules with a team of other Americans some years ago..in Mayanmar/Burma. He lost by TKO via suplex onto his head.

Karate without bareknuckle kumite(kyokushin/knockdown rules)is dancing. Karate without kata isn't Karate.

BTW, I'm a horrible dancer.

• 1 month later...