• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What do you love most from martial arts?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to say why I love practicing martial arts so much. It's not just one thing. I've tried a number of things that have been enjoyable for me for one or two reasons, but it's the fact that I find several of these qualities in karate that makes it so irresistible to me. I get a great workout. Overall, my athletic ability has improved significantly. I have had the opportunity to network with and meet all kinds of interesting people, from all walks of life through doing karate. I enjoy performing, which is something karate allows me to continue doing, both in tournaments and in demonstrations. There's lots of culture and history to explore that is related to the martial arts, and this is fascinating in and of itself too. I have a confidence that I can defend myself that I never thought possible, not that I think I'm a deadly weapon to all, but at least I know I wouldn't have to go quietly. Last but not least, is the factor I just can't put in words...when I am practicing my karate, I am at my best, and the feeling is euphoric to say the least. It's partially due to the endorphin rush, but there's got to be more to it than that.

"Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world"

-Dave Barry

There you go!

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.